Keep your fur baby cool and comfy in my chamois cool coats. This listing is for a custom dog cool coat. This style of dog coat closes with velcro at neck and girth and is designed for function and durability, especially for your dog.
These cool coats are great for agility competitions, hiking, or any other activities that are done when the weather is hot. Your pup will have alot more fun if he or she is nice and cool.
How they work:
- Chamois coats cool through evaporation; very low tech but also very effective
- You wet them down thoroughly and then wring out the excess
- When wrung out, these coats don't get heavy and don't make your dog or what they lay on wet.
- Changes can actually be observed in behavior of dog, i.e., less restless, decreased panting
- Can stay cool for several hours, depending on external conditions
- Chamois fabric is extremely absorbent
- Chamois coats are great after bath to help your dog dry or to smooth coat
- Easy application; lay on back, close velcro at neck and then at girth
- Velcro on both sides of girth to keep coat centered
- Adjustable sizing, especially good for pups or if measurements are not known
- Made with 100% rayon synthetic chamois for cooling
- Machine wash and air dry for cleaning
- Will stay soft when dry so refrigeration while damp is not required
New! For just a bit more, add embroidery to make it even better! If you want name, kennel, etc. embroidered on your new dog coat, just indicate "embroidery" and type in what you want in the box. It will be embroidered in black block letters unless you let me know otherwise. Can also be script lettering. Other colors available are white, red, royal blue, hot pink, purple, kelly green, silver and gold.
For more cooling, click here for matching cool collar.
This is your opportunity to have a custom made coat just for your dog. If you have measurements, breed/type or other information you can provide, please provide those for the best fit possible. If measurements, etc., are not available, I will use the measurements listed below.
You can enter measurements and any other requests when you order by clicking the box by "Measurements, requests, etc.".
Cool Coat Sizes
Small: chihuahuas, minpins, yorkies, pugs or similar
Length 8 inches, neck 8-11 inches, girth 10-14 inches
Length 10 inches, neck 9-12 inches, girth 14-18 inches
Length 12 inches, neck 10-14 inches, girth 15-20 inches
Medium: dachshunds, Frenchies, jack russell terriers or similar
Length 14 inches, neck 12-16 inches, girth 16-22 inches
Length 16 inches, neck 14-18 inches, girth 18-24 inches
Large: boxers, whippets, bulldogs or similar
Length 18 inches, neck 14-18 inches, girth 20-28 inches
Length 20 inches, neck 16-20 inches, girth 24-30 inches
Length 22 inches, neck 18-22 inches, girth 26-32 inches
XL: doberman pinschers, weimeraners, german shepherds, greyhounds or similar
Length 24 inches, neck 20-24 inches, girth 28-34 inches
Length 26 inches, neck 20-24 inches, girth 28-36 inches
XXL: Great Danes, bloodhounds or similar
Length 28 inches, neck 22-28 inches, girth 30-38 inches
Length 30 inches, neck 24-30 inches, girth 32-40 inches
3XL: English Mastiffs, some Great Danes or similar
Length 32 inches, neck 26-32 inches, girth 32-42 inches
Length 34 inches, neck 26-32 inches, girth 32-42 inches
Length 36 inches, neck 28-34 inches, girth 34-44 inches
To view a video for instructions about measuring for a custom dog coat, click Measurement instructions.
My turnaround time is generally 5 to 10 business days, but keep reading to see how I can speed it up. If you need your order moved to the top of the line, please select the Rush Handling option when ordering. I ship orders under $40 via USPS First Class and orders $40 or over via USPS Priority Mail. Selecting this option will also upgrade First Class shipping on orders under $40 to Priority Mail.
I ship worldwide, but do have to charge just a little for international orders. If shipping outside the US, please select either the Canada option or Other International option when ordering.